Chemical Trader DACH
We are looking for a Chemical Trader DACH.
For our Amsterdam HQ we are looking for experienced Chemical Trade & Sales Professionals aimed at the D-A-CH (German speaking) markets. You will be independently selling our full product range of chemical raw materials to (existing and new) clients and negotiating agreements. You will follow, respond to and report market trends and will be prepared to occasionally travel to destinations within the region.
- Distribution and sales of a variety of chemicals i.e. acrylic, methacrylic and special monomers and range of materials used in different industries, of which mainly the producers of resins and coatings.
- Ensure the agreed business is supplied 100% OTIF (in time in full).
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports, and making recommendations to management.
- Forecast sales (when possible) to enable operations planning and to introduce product innovations.
- Monitor competition (ex. in the coatings and adhesives industries) by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandizing techniques.
- Keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analysis.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending trade shows, establishing personal networks; attending the occasional educational workshops and reviewing professional publications.
- Excellent (minimum C2) command of German combined with good command of the Dutch and English language. Additional languages will be an asset.
- Experience in the international trade of mainly liquid chemicals in Isotanks and managing supply chains.
- Proven track record in sales and trade to end-users in the chemical industry to major B2B end users in (parts of) DACH.
- Preferable experienced with international (in-bound) logistics in a distribution company.
- Proven track-record in selling, visiting and (cold) calling for new business development. Idem maintaining and building relationships with existing and new customers to expand the business.
- Self-starter, who can work independently and ask for support, if necessary.
- Strong ability to independently determine priorities and solve problems.
- Knowledge of import, storage and distribution and chemical trade (EU) regulations.
- Proven ability to be responsible for the profitability of business.
- Strong analytical skills, curious, structured and accurate and able to work in a competitive environment.
- Well experienced in MS Office, experienced with any ERP system and easily picking up new automation system.
- Currently residing at commuting distance of our office in Amsterdam (near Amsterdam Arena) and minimum 32 hours a week available.
We will only be accepting applications from candidates currently resident within the European Union, with an unrestricted right to work in the Netherlands.
ECEM (est. 1981) is a solid and independent company with a high reputation in the industry with specialized market knowledge and expertise. We are ranking amongst the top 50 chemical trading companies in Europe and the largest EU-distributor for a wide range of Acrylic, Methacrylic and Hydroxy monomers as well as a range of complementary specialties for the Acrylic Resin, UV Curing, Coatings, Adhesives, Polyurethanes, Polyesters, Pharmaceutical, Cosmetics and Food and Feed industries.
The company is headquartered in Amsterdam out of where it coordinates worldwide marketing, sales and logistics activities. Additionally we have offices in Tokyo, Michigan and São Paulo, which together allows ECEM to supply our customers on a worldwide basis.
This is a great opportunity for anyone ready to join an agile strong international company with over 40 years’ proven track record of global growth, very well established in Europe, with a global presence.
Work processes are entrepreneurial and interpersonal compared to the large(r) and structured chemical companies. Our company advantage comes from strategic global sourcing while quickly developing new sales opportunities flexibility to meet the ever-changing needs in the marketplace.
Remuneration in accordance with results achieved, and bonus scheme based on profit results is available. On top we offer 25 holidays and a generous pension plan.
Please respond by sending us your up to date resume and please make sure your contact details (email and phone number) are included.
ACQUISITION ON BASIS OF THIS VACANCY IS NOT WANTED NOR APPRECIATED (REALLY).
ECEM European Chemical Marketing B.V.
1101 CD Amsterdam Zuidoost
With regards to ECEM HR
Tel: 020 3128.200